InterFoto is looking for a reliable and experienced Purchase Administrator. This candidate will be responsible for processing the supplying all orders to customers to ensure the business fulfils the ‘on time, in full’ delivery promise and that any orders which are under delivered, over delivered or damaged are dealt with in a timely manner. A key element of this role will be to build robust relationships with our sales, finance and quality functions to ensure a good working relationship is maintained at all times.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
•Compares prices amongst various vendors in order to make sound purchasing decisions.
• Ensure that the correct products are delivered in a timely manner to satisfy project specific requirements.
• Checks invoices and orders for accuracy.
• Assisting the department in ensuring replenishment orders are agreed on and placed.
• Transfer stock and action requests for collections and deliveri
• Identify new and engage with new vendors.
• Supply reports to management regarding inventory movement and coordinate with operational teams in terms of effective purchasing and utilizing of stock.
• Request quotations, negotiate pricing and coordinate deliveries with suppliers.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Post Matric qualification in Purchasing.
• Minimum 2 years experience.
• Possesses strong negotiation skills .
• Has good verbal communications skills (English , Mandarin beneficial but not required )
• Is timely in following up on contracts and checking on lead times and backorders.
• Has good math skills and is quickly able to calculate the cost of goods and services.
• Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure is essential.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office : Excel, Word, Outlook, Power-point, SAP.